Sider

søndag 15. august 2010

Spend it all!

Usually I don’t use much embellies on my layouts and I don’t buy many either. But they pile up: they are from kits, prizes etc. Last year I won to complete lines in a Kaisercraft challenge. I have just small pieces from the pattern papers left, and the rest of the embellies don’t seem to fit the other papers I have. So I decided to do my next layouts with a twist: start with the embellies and go from there. And I wanted to spend them all in one layout!

It went terrific! It was fun! I’ll show you a few examples:

Here are my embellies and some paper scraps from the Off Shore Collection: Stamps, Journaling spots, brads and rubons, even letter stickers.



Here is what I made:








Here are the leftovers from the Pina Collada collection:



And here is my layout:








What I have left: just the stamps, tiny paper scraps (which I have tossed away without feeling guilty) and on single journaling rubon. My next project? Use one entire sheet of Sassafralass stickers.
So what about you. Do you have embellies laying around not matching anything? Can I challenge you to look upon them with fresh eyes and use them?

4 kommentarer:

LG sa...

Saw this at the Nook and I was blown away. You're crazy for doing that but I am glad that you did because I never thought it was possible! Those layouts are on my favorites!!! They are brilliant Hilde! Thanks for the inspiration

Monique Liedtke sa...

Gorgeous layouts Hilde!!! Especially the first one, LOVE the color combination of this one and all those embellies.... just my style!!! Can't wait to see your Sassafras layout!!

Unknown sa...

Lovely work and a great challenge clean up your scrap mess....
byebye,Lean.

Anette sa...

Herlige sterke farger du har brukt på LO'ene dine! Kjempemange flotte detaljer og stilige bilder!
Gratulerer sååå mye som DT hos My Scrapbook Nook!! Vel fortjent!!!
Det har kommet en ny utfordring hos Musikkstua!
Ta en titt! Håper du leverer bidrag ;)
Klem, Anette