Sider

fredag 8. april 2011

Peace love & juicy couture!

There was once a time when none of the kids cared much about what they were wearing, as long as it was comfy. They didn't care much about brands or colors, and had no idea that clothes are more than protection - that they are a part of your image (don't tell me it's not - I bet there are clothes you NEVER would were, as they are so NOT YOU). But that time came to and end - I'm not sure excactly when - and it hit DS11 first.



For him it's not just about staying warm and dry any more - it's also a lot about how he LOOKS! And as a parent I struggle and try to figure out the balance: I refuse to spend my whole salary on stuff that makes my kids, in their opininion, COOL ("Listen carefully, my son. It's not what you OWN that makes you YOU, it's who you ARE" blah blah blah), but I don't deny that buying cool stuff, once in a while, even for me, is a happy feeling. Can you relate?

I found the title over at Get Picky's March Inspiration Challenge #6. I was struck to all the structure, the colors (especially the purple) and the feeling of "the more the merrier".




But I don't have any purple pps or stash (I'm not kidding, it's true), I stink at working with layers and structure and there is no way I can force my self to overload a layout . But the title kicked started me to scrap about DS11 and his new passion for fashion :-)


Thank you Nikki and Tanya for once again getting me going with your awesome challenges! And thank you DT for providing us with fabolous inspiration!

8 kommentarer:

Marinette-Scraptherapie sa...

J'adore l'originalité qui se dégage de ta page, les vêtements sur la corde, la mise en page, tout est excellent;)

Andrea Amu sa...

Ohh, I love this!
Esp. the use of the Juicy Couture title! Really fun page :)

Nikki xx sa...

I love how you've used the ad in your layout& title ...such a clever idea :):):) and Yes, I can realte to the whole getting kids stuff! It is a hard struggle soemtimes..between getting them things and also having them appreciate what they already have. Ahhh the joys of parenting!
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work with us again too!

Alison sa...

Love the structure of your page Hilde and the title is ace - I, too, have a fashionista at my house. My 12yr old son is so much worse than his 14yr old sister. But I've got admit he does look pretty cool lol.

Annika sa...

Great page! Love the design!

Lizzyc sa...

stunning take on the challenge!! love the funky layout!

Leanne sa...

LOL!! I love your take on this challenge...x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer sa...

Hilde, your layout is truly fabulous and so inspiring!! Congrats on the HM - very well deserved. And thank you sooo much for your ongoing support, it truly is appreciated. You know I WUV YA!!!! xxx