Sider

lørdag 18. august 2012

CSI file #32: Beaches in Corfu

Hello!

One good thing about beeing on vacation and out of the daily loop, is that we take lots of photos: it's something about doing and seeing stuff we usually not do or see, so it's easier to take photos. And I get lots to scrap *lol*

The Greek island Corfu has lots of lovely beaches as well other points of interest and an interesting history. When we visited the island two weeks ago, the weather was lovely, it was hot and the sea water had temperatures high enough even for me. So we did a lot of bathing and swimming - and we have tons of photos to proof it!

When I saw the challenge in CSI file #32 I knew how I would scrap and tell about the lovely beaches of  Corfu. Here is the challenge:


The color scheme and testimony challenge was just perfect for my photos. So here is my take on the challenge:




Some close up photos:




Journaling on tag in vellum envelope

One thing I really like about CSI is that they provide the readers with printable "Coordinates":


So if you don't have the perfect papers or embellies in your stash, print out the coordinates and use them.
If you look at my page you will find several of the elements on it. My background "papers" is from this set, printed on acetat, as well as starfishes and some other items.

If you want to know which parts of "Evidence" and "Testimony" in the challenge I used, here they are:


EVIDENCE (CHOOSE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS)
■stars - starfishes
something translucent - background patternes printed on acetat
wet medium - mist, modelling paste
vellum - pocket for tag
mesh, burlap, gauze, or similar element - gauze

TESTIMONY (CHOOSE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)
Document a beach trip (or other vacation if you've never been to the sea) - my journaling is about the differnt types of beaches you can find in the area we visited
Create a translucent pocket or envelope for your journaling - vellum pocket



Just for fun - here is a photo of my work in progress, after the modelling paste, gauze and mist was added, but before the photos and embellishments went up

The acetat backgrounds are more visible in this photo :-)

Thank you CSI for giving me the idea and necessities I needed to make this page. I know I will come back to you to find more inspiration and ideas!

3 kommentarer:

pysselpetra sa...

Härlig ♥ du har hittat en ny stil ♥♥♥

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy sa...

Hilde this is simply wonderful!!!:) Amazing techniques and cool for you to show the inprogress photo. Beautiful photos and I love the distressed edges on them.

I did not know that about the printibles with the CSI challenges. Great to know because they looked a bit duanting but that makes them more doable.TFS!:)

Svetlana Austin sa...

wow! I love the laid-back feeling of this LO! there is so many details on it to look at but it still has very fresh and light feeling to it! wonderful!